Single-phase motors are double-strand asynchronous motors manufactured with a gray cast iron housing and of the same mechanical design layout as the rugged IEC standardized motor series. These motors are thus available in a wide range of variants, and can be operated on the single-phase alternating voltage network.
The following variants are available:
EB21R / EB20R type series
- Single-phase asynchronous motors with an operating capacitor
- The starting torque of approx. 0.4 MN is adequate for most cases of operation (such as fan drives, for example)
EB21RW / EB20RW type series
- Single-phase asynchronous motors with an operating capacitor and a resistance rotor
- Here, as compared to the EB21R / EB20R type series, the relative starting torque MA / MN is increased to about double the value (for use as a concrete mixer drive, for example)
ED21R / ED20R type series
- Single-phase asynchronous motors with an operating capacitor and starting capacitor
- This modification combines the benefits of the motors with an operating capacitor (high output and level of efficiency) with the benefits of the starting capacitor motors (high starting torque) and is thus also suited for use with drives for larger resistive torques (such as pump start-up versus delivery pressure, compressors, lifts). The starting capacitor is deactivated via an electronic cut-out device.
|63 – 100
|Power output range
|0.12 – 2.2 kW
|Mode of operation
|Continuous duty S1
|3,000; 1,500 r.p.m.
|Types of protection
|IP 55, optionally IP 56, IP 65 according to EN 60034-5 (IEC 60034-5)
|IM B3, IM B35, IM B5, IM B14, IM B34 and derived designs according to EN 60034-7
|Types of cooling
|According to EN 60034-6 (IEC 60034-6)
|Coolant temperature / altitude of site
|As a standard feature, -20°C through +40°C, altitude of site 1,000 m above sea level, deviating temperatures or altitudes of site are available upon request