Traction motors and generators
VEM has been developing and producing rail traction machines for more than 100 years. This is a treasure trove of experience enabling us to meet the demanding needs of the international rail vehicle industry for high performance drive solutions. That includes highly efficient asynchronous traction motors for electrical or diesel/electrical locomotives, multiple units, trams and working vehicles.
We supplement our range of products with main and auxiliary operating generators and their regulating systems. Beyond this, VEM also offers traction motors for hybrid and trolley buses for environmentally friendly local public transport.
Three-phase AC traction motors
- Locomotives, electric or diesel/electric
- Electric Multiple Units (EMU) or Diesel-Electric Multiple Units (DEMU)
- LRV or suburban trains and metros
- Hybrid- and trolley buses
- Rail maintenaince vehicles
also available as a complete solution including gearbox
Synchronous and asynchronous main- and auxiliary generators
- Locomotives, diesel/electric and diesel/hydraulic
- Diesel Multiple Units (DMU) and Diesel/Electric Multiple Units (DEMU)
- Mining trucks
also available as complete solution including controller and rectifier equipment